Friday, March 15, 2019

Green Card SWAP

Hey y'all.  I keep forgetting to update my blog.  I need to get back into the habit of doing this so here goes... in one of my card groups, we had a green card swap.  Now, I call this a card group but it's truly more of a friendship group that just happens to have creative swaps.  Basically this swap was just make a card with green on it (or I think that's what it was...lol).  I bought the 3D dies floral dies from Altenew and just LOVE them so just had to use them on this card. 
I saw a similar card from Jennifer McGuire and immediately fell in love and had always wanted to do one like it!  She used the word HUGS but I broke out my ScanNCut and made my word FRIEND (hopefully that's easy to see...???)  The recipient was Diann and she likes burgundies and navies so I chose that color scheme for my flowers. I try to personalize the cards/swaps to the person receiving it, just one of my idiosyncrasies I guess.
I may be late to this party, but I just recently (and by recently, I mean this week) discovered Stamps.com.  O. M. G.  this is fantastic!!! I can print my own postage and never have to go to a post office again...like how awesome is this?!
Signing off for now, I have 2 more projects to post but waiting for the people to let me know they've been received.  Be back soon...

3 comments:

Janie Printz said...

Oh my goodness Miss Paula it makes my heart happy to see you back making & posting your wonderful cards. You might be late to the party but I NEED to get a personal invite... LOL. OK so how does Stamps.com work? We are on the road or at RV resorts most of the winter & it’s so hard to mail anything but a regular letter so this is something I’ve been meaning to look into for quite awhile. So tell me all about it. I like to send little care packages to family & friends so have to drive miles to find a Post Office. Can you print postage for those ? Hope this finds you doing well & have a wonderful weekend....
hugs, Janie

Clara said...

Such a pretty card! I really like the burgundy and navy together. So glad you're posting cards again. :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! You always make such beauties! Miss our chats very much.........

Hugs
Chris B