Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Friend...

This will be a quick post because I'm actually working on another project that I'm trying to finish tonight.  I just recently got my PTI's anniversary stamp set and I love it!!  I've been wanting to ink up ever since I got it but hadn't had the chance yet so when I got a challenge to make a card using anything BUT a person stamp....well, I knew this was the chance! I used PTI paper (Royal Velvet and Spring Moss), ribbon (Royal Velvet) and the 2010 anniversary stamp set.  Unfortuntately, PTI has had some problems with their inks so they have discontinued the matching ink colors for now, so I had to go with TimHoltz Distrssed Ink in Dusty Concord.  It actually matched up pretty close!
And for the inside of the card, I used the stamp set Life and Larger than Life.  I had actually seen one of the PTI design team members do a card using this stamp set and loved it.  But I do remember her's looked a lot better (geesh, I really don't remember who "her" is...but she is extremely talented. I'll post it later if I find out who)
Oh well, that's it for me for now.  Thank goodness it's Thursday evening!! Only 1 more day left til the weekend.

3 comments:

Gail said...

What a great blog you have. I've gone back and looked at your 2010 pics, too. Outstanding sewing and I love the stamped images you use on your cards. You have a great sense of color and design, which I'm sure can be attributed to sewing and your use of color there. Excellent coloring. All your projects are very nice! Hugs, Gail

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful and delightful card. Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sharon said...

Absolutely stunning card. So beautiful and elegant. x