Sunday, June 12, 2011

Believe in Fairies

Wow, it seems it's been a while since I've posted anything...I promise, I have been busy. In fact, life is crazy-busy right  now!!! Between work (yep, that dirty 4-letter word) and projects I have to do, I've kept myself running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, hee-hee! Here's a card I made last night for a challenge at one the yahoo groups, CraftyCardCreators.  We were given a sketch to follow and this is what I came up with. I thought that if I  made a card that I didn't really have to make, it might relax me a bit - it worked!! But alas, today is another day and the card is done so now I have to get back to some projects with deadlines (UGH!!)  I'll post some of those as I finish them this week.   Anyhoo, back to the card I made.  But first let me give you a little helpful advice, if you have a pair of sunglasses around, you might just want to put them on!! This card is BRIGHT!!! I used PTI's Harvest Gold and Raspberry Fizz as the focal colors and some digi papers from......well that I don't remember :( The image is from Lili of the Valley and I think it's called Pom-Pom. She's just a cutie-pie, don't you think? I used some of my PTI felt and my MFT dies to create the rolled daisy and roses.  Yeah, I know what you're saying, I really need to take a class on coloring with my Copics!  I don't seem to be getting any better with them and I really am practicing! I'll just have to keep trying. Oh yeah, you notice the clouds??? I followed a tutorial from Bev over at her All The Things I Love blog. My clouds aren't nearly as good as hers but I'll keep trying at this too!
Oh yeah, I added a pom-pom for her wand end...cute, eh?  And then of course, I couldn't leave the card naked, so here's a peek of the inside...
So, glad I warned you to wear sunglasses? Trust me, in person this is a very bright card!!!!  I guess this just goes to my card stash because I don't really have anyone in particular to send it to. I made it "just because".  Would love to hear what you think about it!
Happy Sunday everyone and have a fun and safe week:)

2 comments:

Christina C. said...

Your card is stunning....beautifully colored image and gorgeous papers!!!
The design is totally fabulous..inside and out!

Sharon said...

Bold and beautiful is this card. Just love it... stunning design inside and out. Wow!!