Friday, December 3, 2010

Take time to smell the Flowers!

Houston, the eagle has landed! Thank goodness. My flowers for a flower SWAP I was doing with one of my groups, Creative Inspirations, have been delivered and received by Penny (or as I affectionately call her, Dollar).  I had been SO LATE in getting these out, like REALLY late. I must say the girls over at the CI group are the nicest and most wonderful women.  They have been extremely patient with me and I appreciate that so much:)  I threw in little surprise in my package for everyone since I was the delinquent one!! (if anyone of you girls that are in this SWAP are reading this, you'll just have to wait to get the packge - I hope you like it!!) So back to the flowers, We had to make 3 different flowers for each of the girls in the SWAP. 10 of us had signed up so that made it 30 flowers total (and I must insert here that when I read the instructions in the beginning, I really thought that I was to make only 3 flowers total....glad I was a "little" late in getting these out, LOL). I made 2 paper flowers but wanted to do something a little different for the third.  I had some of the PTI felt (which is INCREDIBLE!!) so I decided to make little felt flowers.  I used my I-Top tool to make a brad for the center that matches the felt. The other 2 flowers are just out of paper and inked with Tim Holtz Distress Inks. (i think the blue was Faded jeans, and the "gold" was Wild Honey.)  I know blue as a flower is a stretch, but I had seen several lately and just fell in love with them. Hopefully everyone will like them and be able to use them in a project.
Here's the Felt Flowers:
Now for the blue flowers:
And finally the gold flowers:
 I have been feeling so guilty about this that I'm glad it's now done and just looking forward to seeing all the beautiful flowers the other girls have created!!

On another note, I am going to update my blog soon. I have been bad about this and the sidebars are sooo outdated, that I really need to spend some time on this....Hopefully by the new year, I'll have a new looking blog! Ya'll just have to come back, now ya hear!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whooo Hoooo How awesome are these flowers.... I can't wait to get some of them...

Anonymous said...

Whooo Hoooo How awesome are these flowers.... I can't wait to get some of them...

Lynn said...

Paula, I love your flowers. Are they really as big as they look or is the picture conceiving? Did you have a special cut or pattern for the flowers? Love the look of that felt.

JustYolie said...

GORGEOUS FLOWERS!!! Definately worth the wait...looking forward in receiving them! :)