Saturday, November 6, 2010

More Sewing Projects!

OK, this is it! I am not touching my sewing/embroidery machine for at least 1 week (please!!). I was up til about 1:30 (AM) this morning embroidering on some "sweat towels".   The hard part of this was I had to be at SPIN class this morning at 9am for a Cancer charity event.  I go to SPIN class every morning (M-F) at 6am and the girls at BURN! were sponsoring a Charity ride for Cancer today. I was riding in the 9am AND 10am class (yes, I do sometimes have INSANE written across my forehead, but hey, I did not sign up for the 11am class - have to get some credit for this, right???) The idea was to make these towels for everyone that was in the 3 classes today.  (hey, it was all for charity). BUT being the ever so "on top of things" person that I am (ROFL!!) I only came up with this idea late Thursday. So Friday afternoon I left work a little early and went searching for the towels. I did get lucky on this, I found them at the 3rd stop, Target AND found them for an incredible price. So I rushed home, washed and dried them and started embroidering around 5pm. I ONLY had 29 to do so really how long could it take?! OK, I was about to give up numerous times throughout the evening, but when I saw there was only about 5 left, I got my second wind and kept on!! I finished the last one about 1:30am put them in the wash and went to sleep. Woke up at 6am to put them in the dryer, then again at 6:30 to clean out the lint trap in the dryer (oh my, they created A LOT of lint). Finally started getting them (and me) ready about 7:30 for class.

The classes went great - burned A LOT of calories! Got home about 11:15ish, took a shower, ate lunch, laid on couch and fell asleep for about 1-1/2 hours! Its been a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow these look absolutely amazing...

JustYolie said...

Hi Paula, which embroidery machine do you have??