Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Card for DH


I'm posting this now, but it was the Valentine's Day card I made for my DH, Jay.  I didn't want to use the typical pink and red colors for the card - wanted something a little more masculine. It didn't quite turn out as "manly" as i hoped, but he still liked it.  I used an image from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop and found the cutest poem on the web called "grow old with me". It was the perfect poem for his card.  I also added the dog from another image from Mo's. I used Pop-dots to have "her" stand out, but you really can't tell in this picture. I colored the image with my Copic markers - love them!  I couldn't find the "right" paper so I used my PSE and printed out my own. I'm finding I'm doing this more and more, not really sure why??? I used some MS "flock" for the toy in her mouth, and some Flower Soft (green) around the bench for grass.  I used my Spica Atyou glitter pens to highlight the birds, purse and the metal on the bench - but again, the picture doesn't really show this. I really think I need to learn how to take pictures better, LOL!

No comments: