Sunday, September 8, 2013

Bright and Cheery

I just love this card, not really for what it looks like but because of why I made it, LOL. It seemed it had been forever since I made anything and one day I decided to make a card just to make a card.  It's for no particular person, no particular event...no reason at all!!   It felt good to play, for play sake, hee-hee. So without further ado, here's the first card I made in a very long time. (and yes it was before the Mother's Day flowers and card, I just kinda forgot to post it).
 Here's a closeup of a rose I colored to match.  In the past I would always make a mist of the color I wanted to spray the flower.  I saw on some blog (oops, I don't remember the blog right now, bad me!) to use the copics and color the tip of the flower and use the colorless blender to have the color fade down the rose...genius! 
 As you can see, the card is very dimensional!! Like I said, this was the first card I made in a very very long time and just played with several techniques :)
Bright? yes, for some reason I was wanting something very bright and cheery, mission accomplished LOL.  Don't look so closely at my coloring, I mean I wasn't good before but geesh, I felt like a kindergartener learning to color for the first time. I really need to practice....a lot more!!  Happy Sunday y'all!!


10 comments:

Ruth Ann Hunter said...

Paula, I love the card! Bright is always good, love your colors and your coloring looks good to me. Your flowers are super, love the clouds and butterflies.....just love the card. Hope to see more posts from you, have really missed seeing your creativity. hugs, Ruth Ann

Kelly said...

Beautiful, so fun and cheery, Love the embellishment on the corner and those butterflies are so cute. Tilda is colored so perfectly. Great card.
Hugs Kelly

Jessi Fogan said...

Well then you can definitely never look at my colouring! I think this is spectacular - I love the bright colours & that gorgeous flower cluster - and that you just had fun :)

Janie Printz said...

Nothing better than making a card just "cuz" .... Paula you seriously have yourself mixed up with someone who DOESN'T know how to color because your coloring is ALWAYS amazing !!! Love those happy bright colors & that butterfly border is simply perfect for this card. Have a GREAT week !!
hugs, Janie

cathylynn said...

Welcome Back Paula! I love your just because card! Great colors and coloring with lots of details. I'm so happy you enjoyed yourself and it sure shows in this creation!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

loz said...

WOW!!! Stunning card and colors Paula..Loz

Anonymous said...

So pretty Paula! Beautiful coloring and designing!

Sandy said...

Hey Paula!! I am late as usual. I am so glad you got to play just for the sake of doing something fun. Your card is beautiful with wonderful colors. Your coloring of Tilda is truly wonderful and I love the way you have arranged your flowers. And that little butterfly on the right hand side - perfect!! Sorry I was a little late ...
sandy

Anonymous said...

I love the colours on this one, very pretty
Hugs julie P

Jennifer said...

I love this card...so bright and colorful. You did a beautiful job on it..