Friday, March 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Wednesday the 13th was my Mom's birthday, and just have to say I love that woman, LOL!!  She is about a perfect of a Mom that there is and I'm so lucky for having her as mine.  I sent her a card (of course handmade) and a gift certificate but the fun thing is she'll be here next weekend so we'll go shopping and have some play time together.  I haven't seen her in so long, I really do miss her.
Here is her card. I used Tilda. I can't believe how long it's been since I've inked up a Tilda...a very long time, too long of a time!
I know, I know, my picture taking skills are seriously lacking! But oh well, I don't see it changing any time soon.  If you can see with this horrible picture, I did add clouds. Another thing I haven't done in a long time!  The flowers are WOC (of course) the paper and ribbon are MFT (oh my, one of my fav stores!!!).  I'm thinking something is missing with this card, but just can't put my finger on it....I'm sure it will pop out at me at some point. 
Now here comes the shocker! I'm going to enter this in the following challenges (I know! it's been sooooo long, and I'm soooo excited!)
Marvelous Magnolia Challenge:  Tilda in a Dress
Magnolia Down Under Challenge:  Birthday Theme
Midweek Magnolias:  Birthday Theme
lovely hAnglar or Sweet Tilda Challenge:  Ribbon or Trim

So wish me luck. Happy St. Patricks Day everyone! Erin Go Bragh!




11 comments:

Danielle Champagne said...

Paula, what a wonderful color combo! I love orange. tilda is sooo pretty with her orange dress. Beautiful card. Hugs.

Anne said...

I love the card you made for your mum! I miss my mum loads and there's nothing I'd love more than to make a card for her; your mum will love this! Thanks so much for sharing with Midweek Magnolias :o) x

Kelly said...

I love the colors!! They are gorgeous and Tilda is beautiful! What a lovely card for your mom
Have a great day!
Kelly

loz said...

Fantastic card and Beautiful colors Paula....Loz

Sandy said...

I know your Mom loved her card and you are going to have so much fun with her --I bet she would like some shrimp and grits!!!!! Paula you always make gorgeous cards and wonderful gifts as well!
Sandy

Suzi Mac said...

This is a beautiful card, wonderful colour choice and fabulous design. Thank you for joining in our Birthday Hop Celebrations over at Midweek Magnolias. Good luck in the draw
Hugs
Suzi x

Maggie said...

Pretty card love the colours

Anonymous said...

She's just lovely, great job on the clouds
Hugs Julie P

Mary J said...

So adorable, Paula! I love that colour combo and gorgeous flower arrangement!

Karen said...

Your card is gorgeous! I am sure your mother will treasure it. I love the colors you chose.


Karen

cathylynn said...

Paula your Mom's card is beautiful. Lovely colors and lots of love went into this beauty!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn