Sunday, September 2, 2012

BDay

Happy Labor Day everyone (well at least for us folks on this side of the pond). As we all know it's the signals the end of summer.  But I like to think of it as the beginning of football!!! I love this time of year, watching games, getting a tad colder, wearing sweaters...   It's strange, the older I get the more I like fall and spring.
But before we officially send summer away, I wanted to post a birthday card I made for my Dad's wife, Debbie. I think it has a summer feel to it. Whatcha think?
Debbie's favorite color is purple so I had to make sure to use purple...OK may have gone a bit overboard with that, but oh well...it's purple. I think Tilda wears the color well, hee-hee.
Purple enough for you....LOL.  It's a rather simple card compared to some I have done, but I think it has just the right amount of embellies.
If you have a moment let me know what you think about it.
Happy Labor Day.

6 comments:

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Paula, hope you are having a wonderful weekend! your card is fabulous. I love you paper combo, and the cute garland! yes your embellies are perfect, love your color ( I love purple!) and this cute little tilda, beautifully colored. gorgeous card. Hugs.

Janie Printz said...

I'm glad you're over your pneumonia well enough to get this wonderful card made & posted for us to see. I love Purple & greens & creams & this one is truly a beauty. If she doesn't like it (what's NOT to like) just send it on over to my house & I'll give her plenty of love & affection ...
It's a keeper for sure ... I truly have missed your words of wisdom along with your great little sense of humour ...
Big get well hugs,
Janie

Ruth Ann Hunter said...

Paula, this is truly a work of art! The fact that you used my favorite color doesn't have anything to do with it. Love everything about it, it'll be loved by Debbie I'm sure. This Tilda image is such a sweet heart she's perfect for this card. Didn't know you'd been under the weather, hope you are feeling much better. Lookind forward to many more posts. hugs, Ruth Ann

cathylynn said...

Hello Paula! Hope you're feeling much better. Your card is totally precious! Lovely coloring and all you other details are just right! This image is too cute! Love it all!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Sandy said...

Beautifully done Miss Paula. I love the purples and the pinks. Your father's wife will be most impressed and pleased.
Sandy

Karen said...

I love your card! The polka dots are great. You colored Tilda so beautifully.....

Karen