Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Waiting.....

This is the 2nd post today....also for another late SWAP.  My last post was the Fall-O-Rama SWAP and this one was called the Cuttlebug SWAP. Basically, just use your cuttlebug in some form. Easy-peasy.  Little did I realize that I would break my Sizzix BigShot doing this swap. I thought that thing was unbreakable!! Fortunately I have a very handy husband so I just handed it to him and gave a sad face.  He found that it had a bad bearing in it, but was able to fix it enough to last me hopefully until Christmas (after taking it completely apart, he did say that it was very well built!!)
Like the last post and SWAP I made a card and a handbag for Debi. And I appropriately used "Waiting Tilda" (or I think that is her name...??)
I used my BigShot for the Spellbinders Lacey Ovals and Ovals, and then used Swiss Dots embossing folder for the oval behind Tilda. I recently got my hands on some Helmars Scrap Dots! I love this stuff! (though I'm still learning how to apply it, LOL!) I've popped Tilda up using it and really prefer this stuff over the pop dots (which I can never get to stick anyway).
I actually used the same sketch with this that I did with the Sunflower card. I just think this is a great sketch (beware...you'll be seeing this more!) I'm going to enter this in the Just Magnolia Challenge, too. I'm not really sure if I can have two entries but we'll see.
I kept this bag a little simpler, I thought the paper was so gorgeous, I wanted it to stand out on its own.
Yep, it's a Shrinky Dink Tilda (gettin' tired of those yet? LOL)  I'm just excited that I have this in the mail on it's way to Debi. Hopefully, she'll like it enough she'll forgive me for being sooo late!

20 comments:

Card Crazy said...

Beautiful! Both your projects are so creative and the soft pink is lovely.
Sue S.

Christina C. said...

OMG....she will LOVE IT!!!!! Soooo gorgeous and so very creative! Adore that cute Shrinky Dink Tilda.........so precious!

Karen said...

So very beautiful! : )

Unknown said...

Oh my Paula seriously this is magical!!!!! Wow what a stunning set. What an incredible job you did on these!!!!! All of it the design the papers the coloring!!!!!!Excellent Excellent job !!!!! WOW!!!!

Teri said...

Oh my gosh, words just don't do this justice!!!!! Fabulous, fabulous work you do, Paula!! I am sooooo in love with these little bags... but I don't quite understand cut files... do you use your cricut??? I am just shaking my head... just beautiful!!! And I love those shrinky dinks, too!! Soooo stinkin' cute!!!! Well done, bravo and all that!! LOL!!
Hugs,
Teri

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh my goodness, another fabulous ensemble!!! Just stunning! My shrinky dinks NEVER turn out right and I don't know why? Excellent, excellent work...hugs...Barb

Unknown said...

This is sooo gorgeous! Love it!

Sharon said...

The card and the handbag are absolutely stunning! Wow, Just love it! Well done, hugs Sharon

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Another gorgeous set!! The lace and flowers on the card really set it off!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Deeanna said...

Wow..that is a pretty card..I like eveything about it.job well done.

Elle said...

I LOVE the shrinky dink tilda! Your card is lovely, too.

cathylynn said...

Oh my goodness this is totally GORGEOUS!!!! Love those shrinky dinks too!! Great combo!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Anne H. said...

WOW - your card is gorgeous!
An adorable image and beautiful colors. Great take on the sketch.
Thanks for joining us this week at JM/HS.
Anne

Anonymous said...

Paula, this is delightful! Love the soft colours and your pretty Tilda, just lovely
Hugs Julie P

Christine said...

What a gorgeous set! Beautiful colouring and design!

Jane H said...

Oh my she's so cute! I want to just hug her! Beautiful work!

Rene said...

Oh my gosh Paula! This is GORGEOUS! I love your layout...the colors go together so perfectly...and Tilda is so sweet there! Fabulous!
Rene ;D

Anonymous said...

Hey Paula!! :) You asked about scraplifting the treat container instructions/idea from my blog...I certainly don't mind at all sweetie!! I hope you have fun and let me know if you post them on your blog...would love to see it!! ;)

Have a great weekend! HUGS

Shoshi said...

Wow Paula, you have been busy! I love the gorgeous bag, and all the beautiful flowers... Thank you for your awesome comment on my blog - sooo encouraging and lovely!! The whole harvest weekend at the church went really well and everyone enjoyed it immensely, but unfortunately I only sold one mirror and one little box, so after I've decided who's getting what for Christmas, I am going to try and sell the rest on the Etsy store I'm in the process of setting up. It's really scary as I've never sold anything online before and I'm terrified of doing it all wrong!!!

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is fabulous! Love the image and your card design! Hugs, Karen
P.S. I've candy on my blog!