Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Janie!

Just popping in to wish my dear friend, Janie, a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Girl - I hope you have a GREAT day and get lots of crafty gifts!!! I know of one you'll get, but it will be a day or two late :(  Look at it this way,  you can celebrate your special day longer, hee-hee.  Now, Janie, you may not want to read any further if you want to be surprised, or if you just want to peek, here you go:
Janie....you can't look any further, go and have some more cake. You can be surprised Monday (I think)..........Ok, now that she's gone I'll let ya'll look at the card I sent her for her BD!!
 Boy, I sure do hope she likes purple (guess I should have asked that before I made this card, huh?)
  
I just had to throw in a birthday cake FSL for her:
 
I made the stick pin myself..not the best, but hey, I tried!!! And got a package from WOC on Wednesday and just had to use some of the goodies!! I sure do love their flowers!! And look at the jute ribbon I added, got that too and love it!! (also got in cream and pink, woo-hoo!!).
That's it for me now....I've got another card to post but need to wait a day or two in hopes that it makes it to the recipient first! Hope everyone is having a great day!
Happy Birthday Janie!!!! (oh by the way, if everyone wants to see her amazing creations, go take a gander at her blog HERE)

I'm entering this card in a couple of challenges:
Just Magnolia:  Use a Doily
Wild Orchid Challenge:  White + 1 (can you guess the 1!)
Creative Inspirations:  Sketch

14 comments:

Ruth Ann Hunter said...

I love the card and I know Janie will too. Your card is beautiful and I'm afraid it'll make mine look kind of plain but it's the thought that counts. Love the Tilda and your choice of colors makes it all the better (love purple).
hugs, Ruth Ann

Gloria said...

Paula....Wow that is beautiful!!!!!! Lucky girl...

Suzan L said...

Hi Paula, your card is so darling!! I know that your friend is going to love it! I love the purple and white combo that you used and the beautiful flowers that you have added! And, Tilda is colored so beautifully! Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Suzan

Sandy said...

Do you have a guest room - can you make shrimp and grits? I want to come stay with you for a while. I will do all your house keeping and will attempt to cook for you although I make better country fried chicken with creamed potatoes and gravy and maybe a little turnip greens fried up in bacon grese. In return - you will teach me how you make such beautiful cards and what nots the way you do. I am completely Southern and call Charleston my second home!!!!!
Your fiend in the mountains of North Carolina and a great admirer of you. Even though I am old enough to be your mother!!!!!!
Sandy

Janie Printz said...

Paula, you are just amazing my friend! What a wonderful surprise & YESSSSS I peeked! How could I not with a temptation like that !!! This card is so special & I LOVE it & am so blessed cuz you already sent me those wonderful snowflakes & other things you made on your embroidery machine along with a cute card ... Is that "cake" another of those incredible creations made on your machine ? It's so cute sitting next to "my" card ... What did I do to deserve a friend like you whom I've never even met ??? I'm over-whelmed that you & Ruth Ann BOTH posted a card for me on your blogs ... You have NO idea how much this means ...
Hugs, Janie

Cami said...

Hi Paula! This is a beautiful BD card for Janie and I know she just loves it! I love the purple and white combo and the layout. Everything matches so perfectly!

Hugs,
Cami

shell said...

Gorjuss card, I love all the flowers and your pin is fabulous, thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Shell xx

Steph said...

Wow this is gorgeous! Purple is my favorite color. I'm sure your friend is going to LOVE it. Love all the flowers.

Monique said...

Lovely card.

Hugs Monique

cathylynn said...

Paula this is phenomenal! WOW and a embroidery piece too!! Beautiful colors and details. That's one very lucky lady to receive such a love filled gift! I love it all!!!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Peggie said...

What a fun card. Tilda really looks like she jumping up to say "happy birthday" and give a hug. Love the purples.

Shelley said...

This is beautiful Paula! I am sure she will love it.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment on my blog.
Hugs Shelley

julieprice3 said...

What a gorgeous card! I'm sure Janie will be thrilled
Hugs Julie P

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card. I love the colours and the sweet image also. Hugs Michele x